Google requires Android apps to request all permissions up front at the time of download. Many of the permissions requested relate to completely optional functions. Here's why we ask for each permission:
- Storage: We cache show images to make the app load faster. This only takes up a few megabytes of memory. We do not read your data from other apps.
- Your location: We show maps of the theater in relation to you to help people find their destination. TodayTix also uses your location to choose the correct city for you.
- Camera: We offer the ability via a PayPal service to take a photo of your credit card to import it quickly. We do not store or transmit these photos to our server, nor do we access your photo library. You may enter your card information by hand if you prefer.
- Phone Data: Despite the broad description of this permission, we only need access to a single unique ID that allows us to distinguish your device from others so we can serve you the correct information.
- Network communication: We require an internet connection to function.
- Your personal information: Optional sharing functions in-app allow you to email, text, social share, or add ticket purchases to your personal calendar. These are completely voluntary functions and your personal information is not transmitted to our servers.
- Your accounts: We offer Facebook login for convenience. This is not required, and you may create a separate TodayTix account if you prefer. TodayTix does not post to your wall without your permission.
- Affects battery: TodayTix will not go to sleep while you have a ticket in your cart and the app is in the foreground. This is to prevent an unexpected time-out and to make sure your tickets stay reserved. Simply close TodayTix or use the power button to allow your phone to sleep.